Going Green? Ferris IS3100 Propane Mower
Landscapers: Get A Leg Up On Your Competition.
Landscapers have you been thinking about going green? Maybe you have some clients that have started asking you about alternative fuels.
We have a few of our landscape customers that have told us, that some jobs they are bidding will only accept bids from companies that can do the job with “greener” equipment.
Here is an option to help you get those customers: The Ferris IS3100 Propane Zero Turn Mower
Now we are not saying you need to come to Aztec Rental right now and change you entire fleet out to Propane powered units (although we would greatly appreciate it). What we are saying is that you might want to think about getting at least one for your fleet, so you have a leg up on your competition.
How does it get you ahead? I am sure you can think of some reasons, but here are 4 simple ones:
1) You will be able to bid on those jobs that are requiring “greener” equipment
2) You can advertise that you are doing your part and have “green” equipment, which can be very attractive to some clients.
3) Some of you may know, but many cities have “Ozone Action Days” which bans the use of gasoline fueled commercial mowers before 1:00 P.M. Your company might have fallen victim to this and your business has been shut down during this time. The Ferris propane powered IS® 3100ZP meets all emission requirements by the Environmental Protection Agency, and will keep you operational during “Ozone Action Days.”
4) As we all know there is always talk about more EPA “standards” or “greener” requirements being put into action, so be a ahead of the game and think about instituting a propane powered unit into your fleet.
There is also a bonus benifit for those of you in Texas. I am not sure how many other states are doing this but worth the research to find out. Texas Clean Cities is offering rebates to landscapers who purchase propane powered lawn mowers. The rebate can reach as much as $2,500 per unit. Think of the savings this gives you on the purchase price of one of these units.
Ferris propane power mowers paired with Ferris’ patented suspension technology, with all of the benefits we just mentioned makes this machine a very attractive package!
- 895cc Vanguard BIG BLOCK V-Twin, which is only engine the industry that is designed specifically for propane use. The Briggs Big Block is a total dedicated propane engine with specially hardened valves to with stand the higher octain of propane fuel.
- Vanguard™ BIG BLOCK™ engines are designed to meet the proposed 2012 EPA emission standards.
- This Propane engine produces 30% fewer smog forming emissions.
- Carburetor designed specifically for Propane use
- Fuel system designed to conform to NFPA 58 – 2002
- Vanguard™ BIG BLOCK™ quality and durability with 2-year commercial warranty
- Provides automotive-like starting with NO need for a choke lever, with Ready Start™ technology
- Specially designed with Vapor withdrawal fuel tanks to insure consistent and hassle free operation, superior to Liquid withdrawal systems
- Fans mounted on top of hydro pumps assist in cooling of pump and repelling debris.
- Easy access oil drain for ease of maintenance.